During the formative years in college and university where the foundation for leadership is laid, students often don’t identify themselves as leaders at this stage.
We at MAGNUM OPUS compel them to introspect on why they do so. Gradually, we build on the programme and teach them skills that will stay with them for life.
Through Magnum Opus’ faculty development programme, we work closely with teachers & faculties to help them discover what students want to do in life; research, access and recommend choices to students. They also help students plan for their lives after graduation and develop personality to be more employable. Students become aware about their interests, goals, values, competencies, and personal characteristics.
Students are advised through conversation and exercises, leadership tools, strategies and various peer to peer learning tactics, and activities. The content is adapted directly from the corporate leadership materials that are used worldwide in various businesses and organisations, including many of the Fortune 500 companies.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR COLLEGES/SCHOOLS, STUDENTS, PARENTS, TEACHERS AND BUSINESSES?
Educating students to take the initiative and lead is an investment that schools and businesses can benefit from.
1. Students find that self-empowerment improves their work and personal relationships
2. Essential communication and leadership skills can be used with professors, parents, and friends
3. Students will gain the ability to apply these skills to future work challenges
4. These skills can be used by students whether they are individual contributors or in leadership positions
BENEFITS FOR STUDENTS
Students gain life skills that are essential for working effectively.
Students will learn how to:
1. Develop critical thinking skills
2. Find their unique talents, skills and abilities based on their passions
3. Identify and set their long-term and short-term goals for life
4. Develop team building skills
BENEFITS FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES
“The #1 indicator of life success is the relationship an individual has with his or her parent(s).” When people are asked, “who was the most influential role model in your life,” they rarely respond with answers like, “my boss.” Instead, most people say, “my parent(s).”
As your child completes the program you will:
1. Feel proud as your children will become self-reliant
2. Be happier as your child will be more confident and jovial
3. Spend less time solving your child’s day to day problems
4. Build better bonds at home
BENEFITS FOR TEACHERS/ADMINISTRATORS
Teachers learn a wealth of teaching strategies, team building exercises and challenging activities that can be used year after year. Teachers and administrators benefits as students will be:
1. More specific with their questions before it starts affecting their grades
2. Making better choices in and out of the classroom – fewer behaviour issues
3. More positive in their mannerisms
4. The greatest alumni ambassadors